The Top 20 Posts of the year are here! As one year comes to an end and another about to begin, it’s a tradition here at DATAVERSITY to take a moment to pause and review the content published over the year by our writers and by the Industry Experts who contribute their thoughts and experiences. What are people reading?
We continue to see the pendulum swing from what was one extreme a few years ago with interest in the new Database technologies to the other end of Data Management with interest in technologies needed to access and analyze it. We know what Big Data is, what Database we want, but now what? And as the pendulum swings from one extreme to the other, the arch of the swing is covered in desperate need for Data Governance to keep up with these technologies.
Machine Learning continues to dominate the list holding the top spot two years in a row. What’s new to the list, is across the board in all content types, including webinars, we saw a considerable interest in people wanting to learn the difference between Data Warehouse versus Data Lakes. And we have seen firm opinions forming on both sides of the argument. It’s all about quick access to Quality Data with tools which can help predict customer spending habits to help companies decide how to better invest in the future.
While Machine Learning is the technology focus at the end of the pendulum, there is no one individual hotspot within Data Governance. Everything under the umbrella of that topic gets consumed quite generously. We frequently receive the question from various sources asking, “How do we start our Data Governance program?” and for us to hear every vendor asked, “How does it handle the Metadata?” Dramatic changes in Data Management laws has helped to shine a light on this topic, especially when those new laws come with steep fines associated with violation of improperly stored, accessed, or use of Data. In addition to that, however, more and more companies realize the overall value of good Data to the future of their success.
And with that, we will let you judge for yourself the hottest topics of the year in 2017.
- Article: 2017 Machine Learning Trends
- Article: Brief History of Database Management
- Article: 2017 Trends for Semantic Web and Semantic Technologies
- Article: Data Warehouse vs. Data Lake Technology: Different Approaches to Managing Data
- Article: Artificial Intelligence Use Cases: An Overview
- Article: Business Glossary Basics
- Article: The Value of Machine Learning: Benefits and Best Practices
- Article: Metadata Management and Data Governance: The Essentials of Enterprise Architecture
- Blog: Data Governance vs. Big Data Governance
- Article: Data Lineage Demystified: The What, Why, and How
- Article: Case Study: Implementing Data Governance for Data Lakes and Big Data
- Article: Impact of Big Data in Enterprise Information Management
- Blog: Data Quality – A Simple 6 Step Process
- Article: The Future of Data Management: An Evolution of the Industry
- Article: Data Lineage and Data Quality: Two Vital Elements for Enterprise Success
- Blog: Forecasting for prophet in R
- Article: The Data Warehouse: From the Past to the Present
- Blog: Debugging Complex SQL Queries
- Article: Data Management vs. Data Strategy: A Framework for Business Success
- Blog: Knowledge Maps – A New Model for Metadata
To see the changes, here are some of the previous Top 20 lists: