Click to learn more about author Tripti Rai.
With 4.77 billion mobile phone users right now, there’s no exaggeration in saying that mobile app development is the right place to invest in. Every brand is turning towards mobile apps to reach the wider audience, cater their needs, and enjoy higher ROI. However, it is not as easy as it seems.
There are billions of mobile apps in the market, which creates the need to remain updated with the rapidly changing market trends, customer behavior, and other such factors to remain in the limelight. You skipped one opportunity, and your app will be lost in the crowd of millions of applications. Are you okay with it? Probably not. However, to remain updated with these factors, you need to gather and manage surplus of data which is quite a daunting process manually. This is where Big Data plays a significant role in your market strategy.
Big Data is a blanket term for the technologies and tools employed for gathering, organizing, and analyzing large and diverse data set – to discover market trends, consumer preferences, hidden patterns, correlations between different insights, and much more that could help the company to make more effective marketing strategies.
There are several Big Data tools in the market used for determining cost efficiency, managing time, and analyzing data to bring out invaluable business insights. However, the top tools used by the mobile app development companies and other organizations are Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Cloudera, MongoDB, and Tableau.
Top Brands Using Big Data Analytics
Although various companies use Big Data technology to gather customer-focused data in real time and deliver them with the best of services, the popular names are:
- Amazon: Amazon uses Big Data technology for predictive analysis by which they show products similar to what the users have searched for, last time. This way, they prompt the users to place an order, as well as ensure customer loyalty. Besides this, they analyze the time period when maximum traffic comes, products highly searched by the users, and other such factors using Big Data.
- Uber: Uber employs Big Data Analytics tools for different purposes. For example: When you request a cab, the company analyzes the real-time traffic conditions, availability of a driver nearby, demands of cars in the region, time estimation for the journey, etc. Using the obtained data, they give an estimated amount to be charged and waiting time by implementing the concept of Surge pricing.
- Starbucks: Starbucks opened three branches on the same street and had profitable business. How? They used Big Data to determine the possibility of success in that location, based on different factors, such as traffic, demographic, customer behavior, etc.
5 Ways Big Data is indispensable to Mobile App Development and Marketing
A mobile app has to be fast, captivating and easy-to-use for getting higher traction in the app market. However, the most important factor is that it must fulfill the user’s needs and become their first choice. Big Data technology helps the mobile application developers in this context by the following ways:
- It helps in understanding the audience:
To serve the users with exceptional services and remain in their minds, it is required to understand their needs. For this, you need to examine insights collected from different sources, including social network channels. With the help of Big Data Analytics and other Machine Learning tools, it is easy to group the data under different categories and predict the next step to be taken through the data.
- It increases your success rate in international markets:
To deliver exquisite mobility solutions, it is necessary that you have an idea of how consumers from different countries relate and react to a mobile app. Here, big data provides you with the filtered data as per the location, age, gender, etc. and helps you to target the users accordingly.
- It assists in enhancing the performance:
Thanks to Big Data technology, the developers can easily track how much traffic their application is generating. They can evaluate engagement from each particular feature/page and get encountered with the glitches hindering the performance of their application. This way, they can easily enhance their app performance and prevent user abandonment.
- It offers real-time data:
The businesses these days have to remain acquainted with the changing trends every now and then. Big Data helps in this scenario by offering real-time data, using which the marketers can adjust to the changes predicted in the market even in the middle of a campaign. In other words, Big Data Analytics provides the organizations with information which help them to take quick decisions that would bring higher profit to the brand in the future.
- It scales up app revenue:
With a pool of data about the users’ behavior (their likes, dislikes, needs, expectations, location, etc.), you can easily determine what type of push notifications should be sent to the users for conversion, or what strategy will help in engaging them. This will increase the number of users engaged, and ultimately, the app revenue.
For any business, a mobile app might be the center of their digital market strategy. However, Big Data is what enables to get the best of it. It offers more personalized and real-time data using which one can cater the needs of the users in the most effective manner. Currently, nearly 73% of companies are using Big Data for growing their business, and this number will increase in the coming years. It has been predicted that Big Data market will gain nearly $65.2 billion in 2021.
Now, as you know, different ways in which Big Data can increase your app visibility and bring more traffic, invest in it today!