Callimachus began as a linked data management system in 2009 and is an Open Source system for navigating, managing, visualizing and building applications on Linked Data.
Version 1.0 introduces several new features, including:
- Built-in support for most types of Persistent URLs (PURLs), including Active PURLs.
- Scripted HTTP content type conversions via XProc pipelines.
- Ability to access remote Linked Data via SPARQL SERVICE keyword and XProc pipelines.
- Named Queries can now have a custom view page. The view page can be a template for the resources in the query result.
- Authorization can now be performed based on IP addresses or the DNS domain of the client.
The Callimachus Project now includes a live documentation service
. Documentation will be updated as features change or problems are found. The documentation service is itself a Callimachus application, and the Project organizers are taking requests to contribute to Callimachus documentation.
This release also includes some major changes to existing features:
- Upgraded in-browser WYSIWYM article editor for DocBook articles and books.- Upgraded DocBook support, including tables and document transclusion.
- Upgraded http-core, allowing for simultaneous write operations.
- Much better support for Internet Explorer versions 8 and 9 (browser support details).
Currently used by publishers, broadcasters, healthcare/life science companies, government agencies, researchers and students in countries around the world.
Callimachus Enterprise is the flagship product of 3 Round Stones
, winners of the “Best Semantic Start-up
” at last year’s San Francisco Semantic Technology & Business Conference. Callimachus Enterprise 1.0 is slated for release in January 2013.