July 11, 2018, This webinar has passed. The recording will be made available in the Members Only section at www.dgpo.org within the next week.
TIME: 2 PM Eastern / 11 AM Pacific
PRICE: Free to all attendees
This webinar is hosted by:
This webinar is sponsored by:
About the Webinar
This webinar will focus on key considerations in governing the Data Lake including stewardship, data ingestion, metadata management and data quality.
Key topics to be covered include the following:
- Case for action in implementing a Data Lake
- Data Lake architecture
- Data Governance enablement Roadmap
- Data Governance Strategy for Roles & Responsibilities
- Alignment with the business and data stewards
- Data Governance Policies & Guidelines
- Processes related to data ingestion and standards
- Selecting Critical Data Elements (CDEs)
- Metadata Management, the Data Catalog and Reference Data
- Data quality, security and lifecycle management best practice
About the Speakers
Data Governance Advisor, ExxonMobil
Mariela Botella is a geoscientist by background with 16 years at ExxonMobil. Mariela Botella has worked predominantly in the upstream sector and has recently transitioned to the Data & Analytics team within the ExxonMobil IT Company. This team provides consulting and guidance for enterprise data governance within the company.
Founder and Managing Partner, Information Asset
Sunil Soares is the Founder and Managing Partner of Information Asset, a consulting firm that specializes in helping organizations build out their data governance programs. Prior to this role, Sunil was the Director of Information Governance at IBM. He is the author of eight books on data governance.