This webinar is produced by:
Date: March 22, 2012
Time: 1 PM Eastern / 10 AM Pacific
Price: Free to all attendees.
About the Presentation
This webinar will provide you with the big picture on why NoSQL database technology makes sense for today’s interactive web and mobile applications.
In this session you will learn:
- The architectural differences between relational and NoSQL technology
- How to evaluate the NoSQL landscape, comparing different approaches (key-value, docment-oriented, columnar, graph, etc) and the pros and cons of each
- How scale-out database technology enables consistently high throughput and performance
- How the absence of a rigid database schema leads to more flexible applications
- Why a NoSQL database may be the best fit for your requirements
About the Speaker
James Phillips is a serial software entrepreneur focused on distributed systems, cloud computing infrastructure and database software technologies. Most recently James co-founded Couchbase, provider of open source NoSQL database solutions; prior to that he was founder of Akimbi Systems, which was acquired by VMware in 2006. James is a frequent speaker at industry events including O’Reilly Web 2.0, HadoopWorld, VMworld, OracleWorld, O’Reilly Strata and others.