To view just the slides from this presentation, click HERE.
About the Webinar
It is understood that no two Data Governance programs are exactly alike. There are nuances in every program’s roles, processes, direction, communications, etc. and the list goes on. However, it is extremely beneficial to hear from practitioners regarding what worked for them and assess whether or not pieces of their solution may work for you. That is the focus of this month’s webinar.
In this webinar Bob Seiner will select several participants to answer questions about the components of their World Class Data Governance programs that were unique to their environments, how they were identifies and how they were addressed.
Join Bob Seiner and DATAVERSITY for the May installment of the Real-World Data Governance webinar series, where Bob brings in several well-spoken practitioners who will share with you their “special sauce” and how it has turned their solution world-class.
About the Panelists
- Dan Daly, Data Governance Manager, PNC
- For two decades, Dan Daly has been helping large financial organizations to mature their Data Management practices. In managing Enterprise Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence teams, he had key responsibilities for Data Quality and Metadata Management long before Regulatory pressures brought these practices to the fore-front. Having joined PNC Bank as a Data Governance Manager in 2008, Dan plays a key role in implementing enterprise capabilities for Business and Technical Metadata, as well as Data Quality Measurement. These capabilities are no longer “nice-to-haves” for PNC and the financial industry, but critical for survival in this age of Regulatory oversight.
- Gwen Thomas, President, Data Governance Institute
- Gwen Thomas is a Data Governance pioneer, founder of the Data Governance Institute, and publisher of the web’s largest Data Governance resource at www.datagovernance.com. Gwen has personally assisted many large, mid-sized, and small organizations with their data strategies, data governance and stewardship programs, master data strategies, and other information practices. Gwen is a frequent presenter at industry data events and contributor to IT and business publications.
- Pablo Riboldi, Solution Manager for Information Governance & Quality, Church of Jesus Christ
- Pablo Riboldi has worked of the past 4 years as the Solution Manager for Information Governance and Quality for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He has presented many times at DAMA, Data Governance Conferences in the US and Europe. He has a PhD in Instructional Science and is an adjunct faculty for Argosy University teaching graduate courses on Information Management and Research Methodologies. He has a passion for teaching and sharing with others. Pablo is an animated presenter known for his ability to simplify difficult concepts and show them in practical, understandable ways. In his free time, Pablo enjoys running, biking, and sailing around the mountains and lakes of beautiful Utah while raising his eight children with his wife Heidi.
About the Moderator
Robert S. Seiner is the President and Principal of KIK Consulting & Educational Services and the Publisher of The Data Administration Newsletter (TDAN.com). Bob was recently awarded the DAMA Professional Award for significant and demonstrable contributions to the data management industry. Bob specializes in “non-invasive data governance”, data stewardship, and meta-data management solutions.