Amazon Web Services is looking for a Software Development Engineer. The job description states, “Every day customers are moving complex workloads and applications to harness the power, availability, and scalability of Amazon Web Services (AWS). Being very customer focused, AWS wants to provide as friction-less a migration path to AWS as possible, to that end we are looking for software engineers to build a world class experience moving complex workloads and applications to AWS seamlessly with as much automation as possible. This is a tall order to discover, analyze, and automate the movement of complex, multi-layer, dependency rich applications to AWS.
Join a newly formed team of Solutions Architects, Technical Project Managers, and Software Engineers that are building best-in-class tools to move complex workloads and applications to AWS. You should be someone who wants to build massively scalable, robust software, and wants to see your software thrive regardless of what kind of workload is being moved to AWS. The ideal candidate will have strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience, as well as experience working on highly availability production systems.”
- 3+ years of software development experience and a bachelor's or master's degree (or higher) in computer science or a related discipline
- Fluency and experience in either C++ or Java (preferably both)
- Fluency and experience in Perl or Python, SQL, and SPARQL
- Experience designing and implementing highly scalable web services
- Advanced problem solving with detailed knowledge of object-oriented design and development.”