On Friday, April 8, a group of Semantic thought leaders from around the globe met with their host and colleague, Paul Miller, for the fourth installment of the Semantic Link, a monthly podcast covering the world of Semantic Technologies. Joining them this month were two special guests to discuss the impact of Semantic Web in Media and publishing: Mike Dunn from Hearst Interactive Media and Evan Sandhaus from the New York Times Company.
We hope you enjoy it, follow @TheSemanticLink on Twitter, and join us here each month for a new hour-long episode. And please do leave your comments below. We want to hear from you!
- Recap/review of the WWW2011 conference in Hyderabad
- Potential data.gov shutdown implications
- Semantic Technology in Media & Publishing
Some External Resources Discussed on the Call:
- Summary of Open Government & important role of R&D (6 minute video with Beth Novack, former White House deputy CTO for open government).
- New York Data Challenge
Host: Paul Miller, Cloud of Data
- Peter Brown, Independent Consultant
- Christine Connors, Trivium RLG, LLC
- Eric Franzon, SemanticWeb.com
- Ivan Herman, W3C
- Eric Hoffer, Second Integral
- Bernadette Hyland, Talis, Inc.
- Andraz Tori, Zemanta
|Michael Dunn, Hearst Interactive Media|
|Evan Sandhaus, New York Times Company|
Music by Kevin MacLeod.