On Monday, July 18, a group of Semantic thought leaders from around the globe met with their host and colleague, Paul Miller, for the eighth installment of the Semantic Link, a monthly podcast covering the world of Semantic Technologies. This episode includes a discussion about Google+, the recent Open Data Challenge in Europe, the British Library, BioBlitz, and more.
We hope you enjoy it, follow @TheSemanticLink on Twitter, and join us here each month for a new hour-long episode. And please do leave your comments below. We want to hear from you!
- Recap/review of the SemTech conference in San Francisco, with a focus on the Keynotes
- Discussion of Schema.org, it’s significance and implications
- Upcoming SemTech UK and SemTech DC Conferences
Some External Resources Discussed on the Call:
- Open Data Challenge
- SemTechBiz UK
- Semantic Web Media Summit
- SemTechBiz DC
- British Library
- 2010 Pew research study on managing online profiles
- BioBlitz at Saguaro National Park in Arizona; National Geographic page
Host: Paul Miller, Cloud of Data
- Christine Connors, Trivium RLG, LLC
- Eric Franzon, SemanticWeb.com
- Eric Hoffer, Second Integral
- Bernadette Hyland, 3 Roundstones
- Andraz Tori, Zemanta
Music by Kevin MacLeod.