On Friday, February 8, a group of Semantic thought leaders from around the globe met with their host and colleague, Eric Franzon, for the latest installment of the Semantic Link, a monthly podcast covering the world of Semantic Technologies. This episode includes a discussion about libraries, an area that has seen a great deal of activity in the Linked Data space recently.
"The Linkers" were joined by a very special guest to discuss what's been happening in the library world: Karen Coyle.
We hope you enjoy it, follow @TheSemanticLink on Twitter, and join us here each month for a new episode. And please do leave your comments below. We want to hear from you!
Some External Resources Discussed on the Call:
- MARC record structure spec
- Examples of MARC and RDA are available at Karen Coyle's site
- BIBFRAME project site.
- BIBFRAME Vocabulary and documentation
- FRBR (Functional Requirements for Bibliographic Records)
- Dewey Decimal data as Linked Data
- WorldCat Identities
- Open Library subject example
Host: Eric Franzon, SemanticWeb.com
Music by Kevin MacLeod.