On Friday, February 10, a group of Semantic thought leaders from around the globe met with their host and colleague, Paul Miller, for the latest installment of the Semantic Link, a monthly podcast covering the world of Semantic Technologies. This episode includes a discussion about data; specifically, the recently announced “wikidata” project with special guest, Denny Vrandecic.
At the recent SemTechBiz Berlin conference, Denny presented a talk titled, “Wikidata: The Next Big Thing for Wikipedia.” As evidenced in the “Wow’s” expressed by the panelists in this month’s podcast call, this is indeed a big deal for Wikipedia and for Semantic Web.
- Play the Podcast (1 hour)
- See Denny’s Slide Deck from #SemTechBiz Berlin, “Wikidata: The Next Big Thing for Wikipedia“
- Subscribe to the Monthly Podcast
- See All Semantic Link Podcasts
We hope you enjoy it, follow @TheSemanticLink on Twitter, and join us here each month for a new hour-long episode. And please do leave your comments below. We want to hear from you!
Some External Resources Discussed on the Call:
Host: Paul Miller, Cloud of Data
- Christine Connors, Trivium RLG, LLC
- Eric Franzon, SemanticWeb.com
- Ivan Herman, W3C
- Eric Hoffer, Second Integral
- Bernadette Hyland, 3 Roundstones
- Andraz Tori, Zemanta
Music by Kevin MacLeod.