Each year we look forward to pulling the Top 20 most popular Data Management Content. Though we watch the analytics of the pages viewed every day, to see what people are reacting to, what do we need more of, less of; it’s nice to step back and look at the year.
So what was new this year? At the beginning of the year we merged Semanticweb.com with DATAVERSITY and introduced “Smart Data” as a new data topic not only covering Semantic Technologies, but expanding into technologies such as Cognitive Computing, Machine Learning, and the Internet of Things. Smart Data ended up the number one Data Topic read over the year. Machine Learning alone takes up four of the Top 20.
In addition to the intro of Smart Data, NoSQL moved from third in 2014 to the second most popular topic. With this we saw a very dynamic shift in interest from basic NoSQL 101 topics to a high interest in modeling NoSQL.
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to our readers. We hope you continue to enjoy your Top 20 for 2015:
- Article: MarkLogic Enterprise NoSQL Database Smoothes Car Talk for Mitchell1
- Article: Distinguishing Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Science
- Data Daily: 3 Types of Data Analytics: Descriptive, Predictive, and Prescriptive
- Article: Data Modeling In The Age Of NoSQL And Big Data
- Article: 2015 Trends in Data Modeling: The Machine Learning Effect
- Article: 2015 Trends in Business Intelligence: Self Service
- Data Daily: LinguaSys Makes Natural Language Processing Available to Everyday Developers
- Blog: Data Models have Many Benefits. Here are 10 of them
- Research Paper: Insights into Modeling NoSQL
- Article: Improving Big Data Analytics with Machine Learning-as-a-Service
- Article: The Semantic Web: Moving Forward in 2015
- Article: The Mathematics of Data: Graph Analytics as a Service
- Article: The Evolution of Big Data to Smart Data
- Article: 2015 Trends in NoSQL: Aspects of Integration
- Article: Big Data Management Courses at Universities: Data Science and Analytics
- Article: Graph Databases are in the Spotlight, and so is Neo4j
- Article: Best Practices in Data Storytelling
- Data Daily: Machine Learning 101, as Explained by Google
- Data Daily: 8 Useful Machine Learning Cheat Sheets
- Blog: Designing Your Database: Top 5 Mistakes to Avoid