Building a Stronger Team: Data Modelers and DBAs
This Webinar is Sponsored by:
About the Presentation
We invite you to join us in this monthly DATAVERSITY webinar series, “Big Challenges with Data Modeling” hosted by Karen Lopez. Join Karen and two or more expert panelists each month to discuss their experiences in breaking through these specific data modeling challenges. Hear from experts in the field on how and where they came across these challenges and what resolution they found. Join them in the end for the Q&A portion to ask your own questions on the challenge topic of the month.
This Month’s Panelists
- Yanni Robel, Lead DBA, Database Operations Team at Amazon.com
- Yanni manages the Database Operations team at Amazon.com in Seattle, WA. She is a very active Senior Database Administrator as well, leveraging more than a dozen years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server products and technologies.Yanni specializes in bridging communications between the business, the developers, the sysadmins, and the DBAs to help everyone understand what it is that they depend on. As an active member in the SQL community, previous developer, and parent, Yanni knows the importance of knowing what you don’t know and leveraging the collective knowledge of others and the community to learn and grow. Yanni is pleased to give back to peers, coworkers (past & present), and recruiters by sharing knowledge.
- Javed Matin, Vice President Sales, Myriad Solutions, Inc.
- Javed Matin is the founder of Myriad Solutions, he has been managing Myriad Solutions for over 15 years. Myriad Solutions specializes in providing Data Modeling Solutions. Myriad Solutions operates in Australia, UK and USA.
- Javed has been in the IT industry for over 20 years, he has spent most of his 20 years in the application development market space. He started off with Texas Instruments selling CASE tools, (IEF) now a part of ca technologies. He has been working with Data Modeling tools for the last 15 years.
- Paul Agnew
- Paul Agnew is an author, consultant and speaker with more than 20 years experience in the data modeling and data integration fields in many different industries. He is the co-author (With Len Silverston) of The Data Model Resource Book Volume 3: Universal Patterns in Data Modeling, which describes universal data modeling patterns. Mr. Agnew, has been a featured speaker at the prestigious DAMA International conference, and has presented papers on many different aspects of data management field.Paul has extensive, hands-on experience working in many different industries, including financial services, insurance and re-insurance, health care, healthcare informatics, sales and marketing and manufacturing. Paul is an expert in solution architecture, data architecture, data quality, master data management, data warehousing, big data and data governance.
About the Moderator
Karen Lopez is Sr. Project Manager and Architect at InfoAdvisors.. She has 20+ years of experience in project and data management on large, multi-project programs. Karen specializes in the practical application of data management principles. She is a frequent speaker, blogger and panelist on data quality, data governance, logical and physical modeling, data compliance, development methodologies and social issues in computing. Karen is an active user on social media and has been named one of the top 3 technology influencers by IBM Canada and one of the top 17 women in information management by Information Management Magazine. She is a Microsoft SQL Server MVP, specializing in data modeling and database design. She’s an advisor to the DAMA, International Board and a member of the Advisory Board of Zachman, International.
She’s known for her slightly irreverent yet constructive opinions and rants on information technology topics. She wants you to love your data. Karen is also moderator of the InfoAdvisors Discussion Groups at www.infoadvisors.com and dm-discuss.
Karen also blogs for DATAVERSITY. Check out her blogs here: http://www.dataversity.net/category/discussion/blogs/karen-lopez/