Modeling Unstructured Data & Schema-less Design
This webinar was Sponsored by:
About the Presentation
We invite you to join us in this monthly DATAVERSITY webinar series, “Big Challenges with Data Modeling” hosted by Karen Lopez. Join Karen and two or more expert panelists each month to discuss their experiences in breaking through these specific data modeling challenges. Hear from experts in the field on how and where they came across these challenges and what resolution they found. Join them in the end for the Q&A portion to ask your own questions on the challenge topic of the month.
This Month’s Panelists
- Dipti Borkar, Director of Product Management, Couchbase
- Dipti Borkar is a Director of Product Management at Couchbase where she is responsible for the company¹s flagship product, Couchbase Server, and works with customers and users to understand emerging requirements for low-latency, scalable data stores. Dipti has deep technical experience in the database industry having worked at IBM as a software engineer and Development Manager for the DB2 server team and then at MarkLogic as a Senior Product Manager.
- Alex Peake, Data Architect, Intuit
- I am passionate about extracting value from data, and have been for over twenty years. In the early days it was with start-ups, several of them my own. I have also worked with larger companies like Iron Mountain, PayPal and Intuit. I have designed and implemented systems for managing data and analyzing it.
- In the relational world have been OLTP systems, like Oracle and VoltDB, and for Data Warehouse systems, Teradata, Netezza and Vertica. In the non-relational world I have worked with the Hadoop ecosystem, NoSQL databases like Cassandra, HBase and MongoDB, and streaming solutions. In the analytical world, I have built systems for marketing segmentation, and used machine learning methodologies with tools like R and MatLab.
- Hamilton Hayes, Senior Consultant, Sandhill Consultants
- Hamilton Hayes is a Senior Consultant for Sandhill Consultants Ltd. Over time, Ham has led much of the evolution of the CA ERwin product suite and its supporting education courses. He has provided his extensive expertise in information, process and enterprise modeling to numerous major North American corporations and government agencies.
- Ham has authored articles and delivered presentations to industry groups on enterprise modeling and its role in improving performance. The focus of his consulting and teaching has helped enterprises bridge the space between technical modeling and business success. He is also researcher in modeling, using the ERwin products to model non-linear social interactions.
About the Moderator
Karen Lopez is Sr. Project Manager and Architect at InfoAdvisors.. She has 20+ years of experience in project and data management on large, multi-project programs. Karen specializes in the practical application of data management principles. She is a frequent speaker, blogger and panelist on data quality, data governance, logical and physical modeling, data compliance, development methodologies and social issues in computing. Karen is an active user on social media and has been named one of the top 3 technology influencers by IBM Canada and one of the top 17 women in information management by Information Management Magazine. She is a Microsoft SQL Server MVP, specializing in data modeling and database design. She’s an advisor to the DAMA, International Board and a member of the Advisory Board of Zachman, International.
She’s known for her slightly irreverent yet constructive opinions and rants on information technology topics. She wants you to love your data. Karen is also moderator of the InfoAdvisors Discussion Groups at www.infoadvisors.com and dm-discuss.
Karen also blogs for DATAVERSITY. Check out her blogs here: http://www.dataversity.net/category/discussion/blogs/karen-lopez/