Topic Focus for this session:
About the Presentation
We invite you to join us in this monthly DATAVERSITY webinar series, “Big Challenges with Data Modeling” hosted by Graeme Simsion. Join Graeme and two or more expert panelists each month to discuss their experiences in breaking through these specific data modeling challenges. Hear from experts in the field on how and where they came across these challenges and what resolution they found. Join them in the end for the Q&A portion to ask your own questions on the challenge topic of the month.
This Month's Panelists
- Dan McCreary, Principal, Kelly-McCreary & Associates & Co-Founder of the NoSQL Now! Conference & Expo
- Dan McCreary has over 17 years of experience in the technology field and has a reputation as a respected technology strategist. He is the founder of Integrity Solutions, which was sold to Vance Opperman's Key Technologies in 1998 and is now part of the WAM!NET Professional Services division. Dan's career has taken him through the fields of solid state physics, computer chip design, supercomputing, working with Steve Jobs and NeXT Computer, and founding his own consulting firm in 1992. Dan has a strong reputation for writing and presenting technology topics to a broad audience of executives and managers. His topics have ranged from software development technologies to web marketing strategies.
- Vladimir Bacvanski, Founder of SciSpike
- Dr. Vladimir Bacvanski has two decades of engineering experience with software and data technologies in areas such as architecture and design of mission critical and distributed enterprise systems, rule-based systems and languages, modeling tools, real-time systems, agent systems, and database technologies. Vladimir has helped a number of companies including US Treasury, Federal Reserve Bank, US Navy, IBM, Dell, Hewlett Packard, JP Morgan Chase, Nokia, Lucent, Nortel Networks, General Electric, BAE Systems, AMD, and others to select, transition, and apply new software technologies. Vladimir is published worldwide and is a frequent speaker, session chair, and workshop organizer at leading industry events.
- Jared Rosoff, Director of Customer Engagement, 10gen
- Jared is the Director of Customer Engagement at 10gen and it is his personal responsibility to make sure your MongoDB application is a success. Before joining 10gen, Jared ran Product Development at Yottaa where he developed a real-time analytics engine on top of MongoDB and Ruby on Rails. Jared began his career by dropping out of Brown University to become the founder and CTO of TAZZ Networks.
- Mike Miller, Chief Scientist and Cofounder, Cloudant
- Mike enjoys putting algorithms in the wild, solving problems for the first time, and building things. He honed his computing repertoire while studying the universe's fundamental particles and interactions as a physicist, most recently at the Large Hadron Collider where he cut his teeth on petabyte-per-second problems. At Cloudant he enjoys seeing his ideas transformed into superior code by an outstanding team. Outside of work he enjoys globetrotting and all things outdoors.
About the Moderator
Graeme Simsion managed a successful business and systems consultancy for twenty years. During that time, he built a personal reputation as a thought leader in the data strategy field. He now draws on that experience to deliver industry and academic education in consulting skills, and to coach individuals and consulting teams. He has published widely, including two books on data modeling.