This Month’s Topic Focus:
Enterprise Data Modeling
About the Presentation
We invite you to join us in this monthly DATAVERSITY webinar series, “Big Challenges with Data Modeling” hosted by Graeme Simsion. Join Graeme and two or more expert panelists each month to discuss their experiences in breaking through these specific data modeling challenges. Hear from experts in the field on how and where they came across these challenges and what resolution they found. Join them in the end for the Q&A portion to ask your own questions on the challenge topic of the month.
This Month’s Panelists
- John Biderman, Information Architect, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- John Biderman has over 20 years of experience in application development, database modeling, systems integration, and enterprise information architecture. He has consulted to Fortune 500 clients in the US, UK, and Asia. At Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (a New England-based not-for-profit health plan) he works in the areas of data architecture standards and policies, data integration, logical data modeling, enterprise SOA message architecture, metadata capture, data quality interventions, engaging the business in data stewardship processes, and project leadership.
- John also blogs for DATAVERSITY. Check out his blogs here.
- Matt Creason, Principal System Consultant at Sybase, An SAP Company
- Matt Creason has worked and consulted in application development and enterprise architecture for over 16 years. His employers and clients include Fortune 500 companies and Federal, State, and Local governments – for whom he has provided modeling, SDLC, Enterprise Architecture, and application development services. The author of many articles for industry publications, Matt is a Zachman Certified Enterprise Architect, and currently is a Principal System Consultant with Sybase, An SAP Company, serving as a Modeling and Metadata specialist.
- Todd Sicard, Enterprise Architect, Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Todd Sicard is an Enterprise Architect at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota where he has worked since 1993. Todd tries his best to understand, manage, and leverage Blue Cross’ data assets.
About the Moderator
Graeme Simsion managed a successful business and systems consultancy for twenty years. During that time, he built a personal reputation as a thought leader in the data strategy field. He now draws on that experience to deliver industry and academic education in consulting skills, and to coach individuals and consulting teams. He has published widely, including two books on data modeling.