This presentation was given in a live webinar on June 12, 2012
To view just the slides, click HERE.
This was a special event brought to you in partnership with:
About the Presentation
This webinar is an overview of the NoSQL movement with a focus on the business benefits of NoSQL Systems. Here are some of the topics we will cover:
- What is NoSQL?
- What Triggered the NoSQL Movement?
- How is NoSQL distinct from Big Data and Cloud Computing?
- Common Characteristics of NoSQL System
- Business Benefits of NoSQL
- Core NoSQL Concepts
- Selected NoSQL Implementations
- Recent NoSQL Developments
- NoSQL Case Study
- ATAM: An Objective Process for Selecting the Right NoSQL System
- Next Step: Selecting the Right NoSQL Pilot Project
About the Speaker
Dan McCreary, Principal, Kelly-McCreary & Associates and Co-Founder of the NoSQL Now! Conference
Dan McCreary has over 17 years of experience in the technology field and has a reputation as a respected technology strategist. He is the founder of Integrity Solutions, which was sold to Vance Opperman’s Key Technologies in 1998 and is now part of the WAM!NET Professional Services division. Dan’s career has taken him through the fields of solid state physics, computer chip design, supercomputing, working with Steve Jobs and NeXT Computer, and founding his own consulting firm in 1992. Dan has a strong reputation for writing and presenting technology topics to a broad audience of executives and managers. His topics have ranged from software development technologies to web marketing strategies.