Andraz Tori is CTO and cofounder of Zemanta.com, a service that assists writers as they are creating blog posts, emails, and other online content. Zemanta uses the text being written to search for related items including people, places, and items, then presents those to the writer, who then decides what they would like to include in their posts.
– Zemanta is available as a free plug-in for most blogging platforms and for Gmail.
– Zemanta’s enterprise level product is configurable to direct its search to those content sources the enterprise, or publisher determines relevant.
– An API is available for developers, and Zemanta reports that there are some interesting developments being made, particularly for social media.
– Suggested content may include content from Wikipedia, Freebase, Facebook, and general online content.
– Developers using Zemanta’s API are able to make use of the links and identifiers returned by Zemanta’s process.
Listen to my interview with Andraz to understand more about how Zemanta intends to be loggers “best friend.”