DATAVERSITY Online Training – Professional Education at Your Convenience
Course Dates: June 28-29, 2022
Course Time: 11 AM – 6 PM Eastern / 8 AM – 3 PM Pacific
Course Price: $1,000 Early Bird Price through June 3, 2022 / $1,200 after June 3, 2022
Course CEUs: 12
Last day to register: Friday June 24, 2022.
The need for organizations to create a comprehensive Data Strategy and Data Management plan is greater than ever, with the rise of the data-driven organization casting a larger spotlight on data-driven initiatives. But creating an Enterprise Data Strategy and Data Architecture can be a daunting task. It can be difficult to know where to begin, and how to prioritize efforts with the myriad technologies and stakeholders involved. This course will help demystify Data Strategy and Data Management, and will provide concrete, practical ways to get started. Hands-on activities and workshops will be included that help apply the concepts to your unique organization.
Day One provides an overview of the main components for building a Data Strategy and associated data disciplines. A key focus will be on aligning the Data Strategy with the organization’s Business Strategy to support becoming a more data-driven organization. An overview of the key components of Data Management will be covered including: Metadata Management, Data Architecture and Data Modeling, Data Quality, BI and Data Warehousing, Analytics, Master Data Management, and Data Integration. Hands-on workshop exercises will be provided to give students the opportunity to apply the techniques they’ve learned.
Day Two covers Data Governance, which is a critical part of any successful Data Strategy. We will begin with an overview of Data Governance and the various approaches and components involved in building a Data Governance organization from both an organizational and technical perspective. Following this course, students will be able to use what they’ve learned to build a roadmap and implementation plan for their organization.
NOTE: If the scheduled time is not convenient for your time zone and you have a group who would like to take this seminar at a time more convenient for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate a possible alternative.
Who Should Attend?
This two-day live online seminar is intended for business and IT professionals at all levels, who have been tasked with investigating or implementing a Data Management or Data Strategy, on behalf of their organization. It does assume general business knowledge, but not specific technical knowledge or experience. It is appropriate for executives, departmental and/or project managers, data and enterprise architects, consultants and technical staff. The course is not designed for any specific business domain, and as such is applicable to any business function which is in need of more reliable information, such as finance, manufacturing, human resources, analytics, operations, and more.
- A two-day seminar workshop which includes lecture format over slides with questions either throughout or at the conclusion of each section, break-out sessions, and exercises. The seminar date is: Tuesday – Wednesday, June 28 – June 29, 2022
- Seminar time is: 11 AM – 6 PM Eastern / 8 AM – 3 PM Pacific
- All seminar material will be made available for students to download.
- DATAVERSITY will be integrating two platforms to run the training: The DATAVERSITY Training Center (DVTC) platform and Zoom
- The DVTC Platform is where you will start your training https://training.dataversity.net
- This will be where you will log in, and then click a “Join Now” button on the day of the live training in your course dashboard.
- This platform will contain the syllabus for the day, information on navigating through both platforms, enable you to take notes throughout the training, join a forum with your classroom peers to network with each other even after the live online training is over, download materials, and access the recording of the training when it is complete.
- When you click the “Join Now” button in the DVTC Platform, a Zoom window will open. This platform is where you will take the training, view the presentation, and engage in breakout sessions.platforms, enable you to take notes throughout the training, join a forum with your classroom peers to network with each other even after the live online training is over, download materials, and access the recording of the training when it is complete.
- When you click the “Join Now” button in the DVTC Platform, a Zoom window will open.
- This platform is where you will take the training, view the presentation, and engage in breakout sessions.