DATE: February 21, 2019
TIME: 2 PM Eastern / 11 AM Pacific
PRICE: Free to all attendees
This webinar is sponsored by:
Metadata Governance is the execution and enforcement of authority over the management of Metadata and other data documentation. Organizations that govern their data documentation find it easier to govern their data as a result. There is direct correlation between the use of Data Catalogs, Business Glossaries and Data Dictionaries and successful governance of data and Metadata.
This month’s RWDG webinar with Bob Seiner will focus on governing the use of the mentioned tools and the Metadata that can be managed inside each one. Bob will talk about governing Metadata in existing Metadata resources versus using new tools to handle this function.
In this webinar, Bob will discuss:
- The relationship between Data Governance and Metadata Governance
- Metadata collected in Data Catalogs, Business Glossaries, and Data Dictionaries
- How to maximize use the data documentation in each resource
- Governing data documentation in Catalogs, Glossaries, and Dictionaries
- Measuring the effectiveness of governed Metadata
About the Speaker
Robert S. Seiner
President and Principal, KIK Consulting and Educational Services
Robert S. Seiner is the President and Principal of KIK Consulting & Educational Services and the Publisher of The Data Administration Newsletter (TDAN.com). Bob was recently awarded the DAMA Professional Award for significant and demonstrable contributions to the data management industry. Bob specializes in “non-invasive data governance”, data stewardship, and meta-data management solutions.