June 11, 2019, This webinar has passed. The recording will be made available On Demand within two US business days.
TIME: 2 PM Eastern / 11 AM Pacific
PRICE: Free to all attendees
This webinar is sponsored by:
Much like project management and home improvements, Data Governance sounds a lot simpler than it actually is. In a nutshell, Data Governance can be explained as “managing data with guidance.” In general, the perceived utility of these programs increases with the specificity of desired data and processing improvements. Whether restarting or starting your Data Governance programs, it is critical to be guided by a periodically revised Data Strategy that links support for organizational strategy to specific operational data improvements. Understanding these and other aspects of governance is necessary to eliminate the ambiguity that often surrounds the implementation of effective Data Management and stewardship programs.
This webinar will:
- Illustrate what Data Governance functions are required for effective Data Management, how they fit with other Data Management practice areas, and why Data Governance has been tricky for many organizations
- Illustrate the utility of a detailed focus and set of narratives to facilitate understanding of your business objectives and imperatives that demand governance
- Provide direction for selling Data Governance to organizational management as a specifically motivated initiative
- Reorient the focus of Data Governance to an improvable process
- Recognize guiding principles and lessons learned
- Understand foundational Data Governance concepts based on the DAMA DMBOK
About the Speaker
Peter Aiken is an acknowledged Data Management (DM) authority. As a practicing data consultant, professor, author, and researcher, he has studied DM for more than 30 years. International recognition has come from assisting more than 150 organizations in 30 countries. He is a dynamic presence at events and author of 10 books and multiple publications, including his latest on Data Strategy. Peter also hosts the longest running webinar series dedicated to DM (hosted by dataversity.net). In 1999, he founded Data Blueprint, a consulting firm that helps organizations leverage data for profit, improvement, competitive advantage, and operational efficiencies. He is also Associate Professor of Information Systems at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), past President of the International Data Management Association (DAMA-I), and Associate Director of the MIT International Society of Chief Data Officers.