DATAVERSITY Online Training – Professional Education at Your Convenience
Course Dates: October 3-4, 2023
Course Time: 11 AM – 6 PM Eastern / 8 AM – 3 PM Pacific
Course Price: $1,000 Early Bird Price through September 15, 2023 / $1,200 after September 15, 2023
Course CEUs: 12
Last day to register: Sunday, October 1, 2023
Data modeling is a set of techniques that are fundamental to the processes of understanding, designing, and curating data. Despite the many declarations that “data modeling is dead” it continues to be an essential part of effective data management. Data modeling is not dead, but the practice of data modeling is different today than in the past.
Once the domain of database designers and developers, data modeling is now an important skill for data engineers, data scientists, data analysts, application developers, and data curators. Modeling for traditionally structured data is now extended to encompass the variety of big data and NoSQL data types. Long-standing modeling techniques are combined with new and different techniques to adapt to variety in data and data modeling use cases.
This 2-day live, online training teaches the essentials for business and data professionals to begin exploring and working with data and data modeling from traditional/relational levels through other techniques such as NoSQL and semantic modeling. Taught by instructor Dave Wells, this course provides a framework for data modeling context and teaches necessary techniques for practical use.
Through a combination of lecture, discussion, and breakout activities, attendees will learn:
- The what and why of data modeling
- The variety of data modeling use cases
- Levels of data modeling and where each is useful
- Relational and multi-dimensional data modeling
- NoSQL data modeling
- Semantic data modeling
NOTE: If the scheduled time is not convenient for your time zone and you have a group who would like to take this seminar at a time more convenient for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate a possible alternative.
Who Should Attend
This two-day live online seminar is intended for business and IT professionals at all levels who have been tasked with understanding and implementing Data Modeling for themselves and/or on behalf of their organization. It does assume general business knowledge, but not specific technical knowledge or experience. It is appropriate for executives, departmental and/or project managers, data and enterprise architects, consultants, data scientists, BI professionals, and technical staff.
The course is not designed for any specific business domain, and as such is applicable to any business function that is in need of more reliable information, such as finance, manufacturing, human resources, analytics, operations, and more.
We offer several bulk licensing options for corporate and group use.
Contact us for a follow-up discussion!
- A two-day seminar workshop that includes lecture format over slides with questions either throughout or at the conclusion of each section, breakout sessions, and exercises.
- The seminar date is: Tuesday and Wednesday, October 3 – 4, 2023
- Seminar time is: 11 AM – 6 PM Eastern / 8 AM – 3 PM Pacific
- All seminar material will be made available for students to download.
- DATAVERSITY will be integrating two platforms to run the training: The DATAVERSITY Training Center (DVTC) platform and Zoom.
- The DVTC Platform is where you will start your training: https://training.dataversity.net
- This will be where you will log in, and then click a “Join Now” button on the day of the live training in your course dashboard.
- This platform will contain the syllabus for the day, information on navigating through both platforms, enable you to take notes throughout the training, join a forum with your classroom peers to network with each other even after the live online training is over, download materials, and access the recording of the training when it is complete.
- When you click the “Join Now” button in the DVTC Platform, a Zoom window will open.
- This platform is where you will take the training, view the presentation, and engage in breakout sessions.