To view just the slides from this presentation, click HERE>>
About the Webinar
An Enterprise Ontology is a formal representation of the meaning of an enterprise’s information. Historically creating one has been a laborious process that took many months, often years to complete.
Recent advances in technology and methodology have now made it possible to build a core enterprise ontology in a matter of weeks, and to refine it gracefully over time. In this presentation we will describe what an enterprise ontology is and distinguish it from a conceptual or logical data model. We will present how the combination of structure free and formal inclusion gives power and flexibility simultaneously.
We will show through case studies how companies have been able to build ontologies rapidly and how they have leverage their enterprise ontology onto such diverse initiatives as: Enterprise Message Modeling, Integrating Structured and Unstructured Data, Model Driven Application Development and Master Data Management.
After attending this webinar, you will be able to:
- Describe what an Enterprise Ontology is
- Explain the value in creating an Enterprise Ontology
- Outline the approach and prerequisites for creating an Enterprise Ontology
- Suggest projects that could be greatly enhanced by applying an Enterprise Ontology
- Gist (Free upper ontology):
- Data Centric Manifesto (become a signatory):
About the Speaker
President, Semantic Arts, Inc.