As we wrap up 2018 and prepare ourselves for 2019, it’s time to take a moment to review and reflect. And while in review, we take the opportunity to look at the content published, produced, and consumed over the last year.
In looking at the top 20 published articles and blogs of the year, Machine Learning has dropped from #1 to #3 since last year as more and more organizations grasp and have implemented the concept. Overall we’re seeing a more rounded interest from Database to Analytics instead of one side or the other dominating the list. We’re continuing to see a revised interest and focus in long-time basics such as Metadata and Master Data as well as the continued interest in the new technologies. We also saw a lot of interest in our “versus” article series… more to come there.
And it was a little over a year ago, we started our “What is…?” posts. Though we did not consider them for inclusion into in our Top 20, we’re seeing great interest and hope they continue to prove useful to the community.
So, without further ado, here’s the top content for 2018…
Top 20 Articles and Blogs:
- Article: Data Science vs. Business Intelligence
- Article: Data Management Trends in 2018
- Article: Metadata Management vs. Master Data Management
- Article: Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Trends in 2018
- Article: Data Governance Trends in 2018
- Article: Data Governance vs. Data Architecture
- Blog: The Difference Between a Data Mart and a Data Warehouse
- Article: A Brief History of the Data Warehouse
- Article: Data Modeling Trends in 2018
- Article: The Impact of Data Quality in the Machine Learning Era
- Article: Big Data vs. Smart Data
- Blog: Data Modeling is Dead…Long Live Schema Design!
- Article: Data Architects and Data Modelers: The SQL/NoSQL Debate is Dead
- Blog: How to Make Decisions About Data Modeling Relationships in Databases
- Article: Deep Learning Use Cases
- Article: Data Strategy Trends in 2018
- Blog: Chicago Homicides 2018, a Second Look with R
- Blog: Advanced Data Discovery and Augmented Analytics: Simple, Sophisticated Tools for Business Users
- Article: Blockchain Demystified: The Next Database Management Evolution
- Article: A Brief History of Non-Relational Databases
Top 10 Webinars:
- DataEd: Data Architecture vs Data Modeling
- RWDG: Data Governance and Three Levels of Metadata
- Business Value Metrics for Data Governance
- RWDG: Metadata Governance for Vocabularies, Dictionaries, and Data
- RWDG: Formalize Data Governance with Policies and Procedures
- DAS: Emerging Trends in Data Architecture – What’s the Next Big Thing?
- RWDG: How to Govern Your Master Data
- The Missing Link in Enterprise Data Governance: Automated Metadata Management
- RWDG: Everbody is a Data Steward – Get Over It!
- DataEd: Data Modeling Fundamentals
Previous Top 20 lists: