DATAVERSITY Online Training – Professional Education at Your Convenience
Course Dates: April 17-19, 2023
Course Time: 11 AM – 4 PM Eastern / 8 AM – 1 PM Pacific
Course Price: $1,500 Early Bird Price through March 31, 2023 / $1,800 after March 31, 2023
Course CEUs: 13.5
Last day to register: Thursday, April 13, 2023.
Data Governance important for improved business efficiency, flexibility, and competitive advantage, and in the era of increasing information-based regulatory and compliance rules it is essential. Every day we read about data security and risk concerns, and these – together with current and emerging regulations such as the Data Protection Act, BCBS239, and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – mean that Data Governance is no longer optional. How can we manage our data and prepare for these regulations? What is Data Governance and what are its implications?
This DMBoK and CDMP Specialist Deep Dive: Data Governance three-day live, online training will provide a solid foundation in the topic of Data Governance by describing its purpose, outcome, the typical organization structures required, and the drivers for Data Governance. It will highlight the Data Governance implications of various regulatory acts and illustrate how organizations can prepare for compliance. Additionally, the roles, responsibilities, and activities involved in establishing successful Data Governance, together with example metrics for measuring progress of a Data Governance initiative, will be discussed. Crucially, it will show how Data Governance can be implemented in bite-sized chunks vs. being approached in a top-down “big bang” manner.
The training presents methods and practices for addressing key Data Governance challenges and equipping organizations to address the challenges that increased regulatory scrutiny brings. It is grounded in the industry standard, DAMA International Data Management Body of Knowledge (DmBoK).
The training also prepares attendees to take the Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) Data Governance Specialist exam that is necessary for the attainment of the Practitioner and Master levels.
In addition, the vital relationship between Data Governance and other core information disciplines – including Data Quality, Master Data Management, and Data Modeling – will be highlighted.
The DAMA International-endorsed live, online training was developed with DAMA International, DATAVERSITY, and Christopher Bradley, the VP of Professional Development at DAMA.
CDMP Specialist Exam Preparation Information:
- Understand in-depth the information required for the CDMP Data Governance Specialist exam
- Throughout the course, practice by taking sample questions in each section
NOTE: If the scheduled time is not convenient for your time zone and you have a group who would like to take this seminar at a time more convenient for you, please email email@example.com to coordinate a possible alternative.
Who Should Attend
This three-day live, online seminar is intended for business and IT professionals at all levels who have been charged with investigating or implementing Data Governance in their organizations, and who seek to gain an in-depth understanding of where Data Governance exists within the different disciplines of Data and Information Management. It also was developed as a preparation course for people wishing to take the CDMP Data Governance Specialist exam. It does assume general business knowledge, but not specific technical knowledge or experience. It is appropriate for executives, departmental and/or project managers, data and enterprise architects, consultants, data modelers, BI and data warehouse developers, data and business analysts, DBAs, technical staff, and anyone else interested and involved in data. The course is not designed for any specific business domain, and as such is applicable to any business function which is in need of more reliable information, such as finance, manufacturing, human resources, analytics, operations, and more.
We offer several bulk licensing options for corporate and group use.
Contact us for a follow-up discussion!
- A three-day workshop that includes lecture format over slides with group discussions, multiple Q&A topics, resources, and more.
- The seminar date is: Monday – Wednesday, April 17 – April 19, 2023
- Seminar time is: 11 AM – 4 PM Eastern / 8 AM – 1 PM Pacific
- All seminar material will be made available for students to download.
- DATAVERSITY will be integrating two platforms to run the training: The DATAVERSITY Training Center (DVTC) platform and Zoom.
- The DVTC Platform is where you will start your training: https://training.dataversity.net
- This will be where you will log in, and then click a “Join Now” button on the day of the live training in your course dashboard.
- This platform will contain the syllabus for the day, information on navigating through both platforms, enable you to take notes throughout the training, join a forum with your classroom peers to network with each other even after the live online training is over, download materials, and access the recording of the training when it is complete.
- When you click the “Join Now” button in the DVTC Platform, a Zoom window will open.
- This platform is where you will take the training, view the presentation, and engage in breakout sessions.