DATAVERSITY Online Training – Professional Education at Your Convenience
Course Dates: October 11-13, 2022
Course Time: 11 AM – 4 PM Eastern / 8 AM – 1 PM Pacific
Course Price: $1,500 early bird price until September 16, 2022 / $1,800 thereafter
Course CEUs: 13.5
Last day to register: Thursday October 6, 2022.
The DMBoK and CDMP Specialist Deep Dive: Data Modeling three-day live, online training explains the fundamental building blocks of Data Modeling. It will help students to understand the differences between relational and dimensional models, and be able to describe the purpose of enterprise, conceptual, logical, and physical data models. Attendees will learn how to create conceptual and logical models, and understand the compromises frequently necessary for good physical data models. They will also learn the different approaches for fact finding and how to apply normalization techniques.
Often misunderstood and relegated to just the technical aspect of “database design,” Data Modeling is one of the most important disciplines of Data Management. Taught by instructor Christopher Bradley (a CDMP Fellow), this course introduces students to Data Modeling, its purpose, the different types of models, how to construct and read a data model, and the wider use of data models beyond the traditional area of database design. It also goes into best practices, practical applications, and implementation of Data Modeling at enterprise levels.
The training presents methods and practices for addressing key Data Modeling challenges. It is grounded in the industry standard DAMA International Data Management Body of Knowledge (DmBoK).
The training also prepares attendees to take the Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) Data Modeling Specialist exam that is necessary for the attainment of the Practitioner and Master levels.
The DAMA International-endorsed live, online training was developed with DAMA International, DATAVERSITY, and Christopher Bradley, the VP of Professional Development at DAMA.
NOTE: If the scheduled time is not convenient for your time zone and you have a group who would like to take this seminar at a time more convenient for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate a possible alternative.
Who Should Attend?
This three-day live, online seminar is intended for business and IT professionals at all levels who have been charged with investigating or implementing Data Modeling in their organizations, and who seek to gain an in-depth understanding of where Data Modeling exists within the different disciplines of Data and Information Management. It also was developed as a preparation course for people wishing to take the CDMP Data Modeling Specialist exam. It does assume general business knowledge, but not specific technical knowledge or experience. It is appropriate for executives, departmental and/or project managers, data and enterprise architects, consultants, data modelers, BI and data warehouse developers, data and business analysts, DBAs, technical staff, and anyone else interested and involved in data. The course is not designed for any specific business domain, and as such is applicable to any business function which is in need of more reliable information, such as finance, manufacturing, human resources, analytics, operations, and more.
- A three-day workshop that includes lecture format over slides with group discussions, multiple Q&A topics, resources, and more.
- The seminar date is: Tuesday – Thursday, October 11 – October 13, 2022
- Seminar time is: 11 AM – 4 PM Eastern / 8 AM – 1 PM Pacific
- All seminar material will be made available for students to download.
- DATAVERSITY will be integrating two platforms to run the training: The DATAVERSITY Training Center (DVTC) platform and Zoom.
- The DVTC Platform is where you will start your training: https://training.dataversity.net This will be where you will log in, and then click a “Join Now” button on the day of the live training in your course dashboard.
- This platform will contain the syllabus for the day, information on navigating through both platforms, enable you to take notes throughout the training, join a forum with your classroom peers to network with each other even after the live online training is over, download materials, and access the recording of the training when it is complete.
- When you click the “Join Now” button in the DVTC Platform, a Zoom window will open.
- This platform is where you will take the training, view the presentation, and engage in breakout sessions.