To view the On-Demand Recording of this presentation, click HERE>>
This webinar is sponsored by:
About the Webinar
Databases are like languages: it’s very useful to know more than one. NoSQL databases promise better performance, scaling, lower cost of ownership, and flexibility for many use cases. With recent advances in NoSQL including ACID transactions, SQL queries, scopes, collections, and more, making the jump to NoSQL is becoming more straightforward. In this session, you will learn how to automatically migrate a relational database (including tables, data, indexes, users, and even queries) over to a modern NoSQL database.
The three steps that will be covered include:
- Lifting your legacy data and data structure into a modern database.
- Shifting your legacy application and clients to use NoSQL
- Refactoring your legacy data model to improve performance and efficiency
After this short session, you’ll have taken a huge leap to learning a new technology and providing benefits to your team and organization, including the ability to:
- Develop faster with SQL for JSON queries (N1QL), plus multi-modal key-value, full text search, and analytics capabilities
- Deploy everywhere from edge to cloud, wherever and however you want
- Perform optimally at scale with a built-in memory-first architecture for sub-millisecond operations
About the Speaker
Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Couchbase
Matthew Groves is a guy who loves to code. It doesn’t matter if it’s C#, jQuery, or PHP: he’ll submit pull requests for anything. He has been coding professionally ever since he wrote a QuickBASIC point-of-sale app for his parent’s pizza shop back in the 90s. He currently works as a Developer Advocate for Couchbase. His free time is spent with his family, watching the Reds, and getting involved in the developer community. He is the author of AOP in .NET (published by Manning), a Pluralsight author, and a Microsoft MVP.