April 3, 2019, This webinar has passed. The recording will be made available within the next week in the Members Only section at www.dgpo.org.
TIME: 2 PM EST / 11 AM PST
COST: Free to all attendees
This Webinar Series is Developed by:
About the Webinar
Governing data in a Fortune 100 company is comparable to “boiling the ocean.” Improved and matured data governance is about continually evaluating the current path/process and improving for greater effectiveness and efficiency. This presentation will include the following:
- A brief history – understanding how we reached this point
- Realization there is a more efficient way to govern data in a large enterprise
- Time for process improvement – let’s talk approach
- Introduce data governance as a service provider
- Identify data governance capabilities – ie, taxonomy, data quality, standardized processes
- Focus on critical data elements (CDEs) – critical data that is used to measure growth, profitability, and operational effectiveness
- Conduct ongoing training and support
- “Teach them to fish…”
- Workshops – an opportunity to teach and to collaborate
- A bird’s eye view of the workshops – the class outlines and timelines
About the Speakers
Consultant, IT Data & Analytics, Nationwide
Cynthia Parsons has been in the Insurance industry for 33 years. She has been engaged in Data Governance since 2004 – started “grass roots” effort at Nationwide. She played a key role in the incorporation of Data Governance into Finance, through the development of a Shared Services model. She created the first fully functioning Enterprise wide Data Stewardship council to represent Finance interests across the company. In 2014, she became a member of the Enterprise Data Governance Team reporting up to the Chief Data Officer. As a member of the Enterprise Data Governance Team, Cynthia has had oversight of several domain data governance teams providing assistance for both run and build operations. However, in her current role, Cynthia is responsible for process development/improvement, data governance training and consultation.
Sr. Consultant, IT Data and Analytics, Nationwide
Scott Peachey has been around aspects of data, compliance and oversight for 14 years. He has been engaged in several roles that include data analysis, data manipulation, security and reporting. Additionally, Scott has been dedicated to continuous improvement throughout his career. In 2014, he became a member of the Enterprise Data Governance Team reporting up to the Chief Data Officer. As a member of the Enterprise Data Governance Team, Scott has had oversight of many business unit’s data governance teams, including current Enterprise Data Governance team engagements. In his current role, Scott is accountable for stewardship support workload distribution, responsible for process development/improvement, training, consulting and video development.